Thursday, 15 May 2014

CD Sunday - Victoria Beauties

Good afternoon everyone I hope you are all well.

Finally I have been able to join in again with CD Sunday.  I had experienced some problems with my printer so had been unable to join in as printing was completely all over the place.  But it seems to be fixed now - so here I am.

The challenge over at CD Sunday this week is "Victorian Beauties" - so I turned to My Craft Studio where I knew there was a section with Victorian ladies on.  The CD is "Victorian Follies" & I chose a lady called Clara.

Here is my card;


My base card is a white card onto which I have layered some plain paper that is like a dark teal (it is one of the background papers on the CD), plus a second background paper which has on it the lacy pattern that is on the bodice of Clara's dress.  I used a floral edge punch down the sides of the paper to give a more lacy effect.  That was nearly a disaster as the punch got jammed going down the second side.  But as luck would have it I managed to release it & was able to trim off the damaged piece & still had room to create the border.  Clara's image came on a shaped tag & so I printed it twice & cut away all the background image from the second tag.  Then I glittered the lace on her dress & fan & placed her over the other image on sticky pads.  A ribbon in one of my ribbon boxes was just the right colour & some gems for extra bling.  I have a box on my shelf that hold the ribbons cut from clothing which of course come in colours to match the clothes - by saving them you can get quite a collection of very useful colours.

Here is a close up of Clara to show her glittered dress;


I think you can see the glitter.

Thank you for stopping by I hope you enjoyed your visit.  Why not pop over to CD Sunday using the link earlier in this post & see how others have interpreted this theme. 




6 comments:

  1. Very pretty. I love how the dress colour merges into the same colour as the background. Thank you for sharing it with us at CD Sunday. Wynn DT x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous image and a lovely card Gloria. I too save the ribbons from clothes - so useful. Love the colour scheme too. Glad you got your printer fixed and thank you for joining in.
    Beryl xx
    CD sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Gloria and i love the colour too. i think a lot of us crafters now save those ribbons, i know i do.
    Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday
    sue-b xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Gloria and I like to see things from cd's I don't have. I like the image she's very pretty and the colour is lovely. As for ribbons the girls I work with bring me the ones from their clothes, I've trained them well!
    Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
    Jenny x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Gloria and Clara is a Victorian Beautie. I love how you have matched the colour of her dress with the background. Clicked on the image to see her 'glittered' dress, it is a lovely finishing touch. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
    Christine xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo I like Clara very much and such lovely aqua colours and sparkles.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete

It is nice to receive & read your lovely comments.
Thank you very much