Wednesday, 21 May 2014

cd sunday - one for the boys

Good afternoon everyone & I hope you too have the lovely sunshine that is streaming through my craft room window.

The challenge at CD Sunday this week is a card for the boys - always a difficult subject.  Last week I treated myself to a couple of very reasonably priced stamp sets & one of them was geared more towards mens cards.  So I wondered if I would be able to combine it with CD crafting to meet this challenge.


The CD I used for this challenge was Jem's Designs "Cardz 4 Men" & the design I chose was Travel.  The background paper has been created to print on paper/card or vellum - so I chose the vellum version but printed it on ordinary copier paper.  I then tore all around the piece to make the size I required for my DL card & used Vintage photo Distress Ink on the edges to make it stand out from the cream card.  I liked the way the torn edges curled a bit as I applied the ink which helped the aged look quite a lot.  I printed 2 toppers & cut out the image in the bottom right corner & also the globe & stuck those over the design on sticky pads.  I stamped the sailing ship in Versarmark ink & heat embossed in gold EP, then cut it out & layered it onto black card leaving a thin border.  I also layered the topper in the same way.

I haven't put any greeting on it so that I can add an appropriate greeting when I use it.

Thank you for stopping by today, please pop over to the challenge biog - link at top of this post - & see how creative others have been.

I am also going to enter this card in another challenge via my stamping blog.




4 comments:

  1. I love the torn effect of your backing paper. I may well pinch that idea. The whole card has a lovely vintage look.
    Thank you for joining in with us.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. An interesting distressed look adding to your vintage card. Thanks for sharing with us again at CD Sunday Challenges. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card and I like to combine stamping and CDs at times - we all have so much stash its a shame not to use it all!
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so effective, the paper is lovely, really good job on that, i like the stamp too, if you photo the stamped image and save it in your pictures you will be able to use it digitally within your program and make it any size you want.
    Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week Gloria. x
    sue-b xx

    ReplyDelete

It is nice to receive & read your lovely comments.
Thank you very much