Friday, 11 April 2014

cd sunday - something beginning with D

Just popping back in to edit this post - as I forget to add the link to the CD Sunday blog - sorry ladies.

Good afternoon & isn't it good to see the sunshine?  I am keeping fingers crossed it will be reasonably good tomorrow (Saturday) too as I have plants to put in the garden.

The challenge at CD Sunday this week is "something beginning with D" - that makes it quite open but the mind keeps stopping around the same things.  Anyway I did come up with a "D" & have made a card;


My "D" is for Daffodils & Decoupage (although only a little bit!).  I used My Craft Studio CD "Just for You", Design set 7.

I used the daffodil background paper & one of the toppers. I didn't have a ready folded card to fit the background paper so I created one from a white A4 card & used it tent style, & used Distress Ink - Crushed Olive - around the edges of the bp.  When sorting the work on MCS I cropped the topper twice to have 2 copies of the bottom left corner, & from one of these I cut out the 3 daffodils & mounted them on sticky pads.  I had this really lovely yellow ribbon which I wrapped around the topper & bp before mounting it onto the base card & adding the 3-d flowers.  Some yellowy flat backed pearls were added at the base of several of the leaf bases.  The "happy birthday" was stamped using Distress Ink - Vintage Photo to match the leaves & fronds.

Thank you for stopping by & why not pop over to CD Sunday by clicking on the name at the start of this post, & see what others have created.  I am about to pop over there - so! I will see you there.



5 comments:

  1. A very pretty card for springtime. I love to see the daffodils in bloom heralding the start of spring. Thank you for joining us this week at CD Sunday.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really sweet card, so delicate and so perfect for this time of the year. Thanks for again sharing with us at CD Sunday Challenges. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely fresh Spring card. I love how you've placed the fab ribbon across the card. Thank you for sharing it with us at CD Sunday. Hugs Wynn DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card for a Spring birthday. I love those swirls on the topper.
    Thank you for joining in with us.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday DT Team B

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely card Gloria , spring is with us now and is reflected with this beautiful card.
    Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
    sue-b xx

    ReplyDelete

It is nice to receive & read your lovely comments.
Thank you very much