Tuesday, 30 July 2013

Serif pick of the week

Oh dear, oh dear
I watched for a few days & finally gave in.
Yesterday I ordered the C&C Serif Pick of the Week - Stamps & Punches CD's (1 & 2), then I threw caution to the wind & ordered the Hearts Design CD as well.
My credit card has hidden itself at the bottom of my bag crying out "leave me alone!!"
But when it realises how much money I will save from buying other things such as background papers etc - I think it will forgive me.  Oh come on - who am I kidding!!!!!!!!!!

Is my credit card crazy or me - I leave you to decide.  :)

It is great to be back & crafting once again - keep an eye on this space I intend to use it - & how.

Monday, 29 July 2013

CD Sunday - Garden Pleasures

Finally! I am back joining in with the CD Sunday challenges & this week the theme is Garden Pleasures.

Yesterday morning I spent a pleasant hour or so going through my CD's to find the image I wanted - the first time since I moved house I have really had the chance to do this.  I finally found what I was looking for even though at the start I didn't know what that was.  We have seen some lovely butterflies in our new garden & this just jumped out at me & said "Use me!"

Here is my card


I used My Craft Studio Petal Pairs CD & Papercraft Library Volume 1.  I made the card last night & took the photo this morning - then realised I had not made a note of which CD I had used.  So! it took me nearly an hour to find the right one(s).  I wish when you opened a project in MCS that it also brought with it the files that you used - but it doesn't seem to.

So I used one of the aperture cards as base but only printed out the front & I did this twice.  From one of them I cut out the aperture & trimmed it a little smaller than the other one.  The scalloped topper came in 3 sizes so I cropped out the 2 I didn't require & adjusted the size to fit the aperture.  I selected the background paper I wanted & adjusted it slightly to fit on half an A4 sheet & copied & pasted it so that I had 2 pieces (just in case).  I found the ribbon & bow in  the embellishments & cut out 2 of those.  I also cropped the main image to pick out the butterfly on its own.  The topper was attached to the base card & then I put some acetate behind the aperture of the top layer & placed them over each other.  I decided the whole thing needed a little lift so I placed the lower layer onto black card then run a black Promarker around the top layer so that they stood out more. The butterfly I cut out & adhered to the acetate for the 3-d effect.  The ribbon & bow was then added & I cut out the bow only from the second piece & placed that on top with a foam pad.


This is the background paper that I used.  It seemed a shame to cover it with the topper (I would normally use a plain colour as my base) - but I have noticed that lots of card makers use patterned paper - so I thought it was time I tried it too.   I am pleased with the effect.

So there you are - my first really good play since moving house.  Now! off to do some stamping.

Do pop over to the CD Sunday blog & see what everyone else is doing for this challenge & also take a look at what the fabulous design team have given us for inspiration.

Thank you for visiting - I hope you enjoyed your stay.